SUCCESSFUL TEACHING IN AN ONLINE ENVIRONMENT
You and your students have gone on a learning journey sharing knowledge, stories, ideas and challenges. It is a memorable time when you conclude the course, indicating a milestone of achievement.
The conclusion aims to leave a positive final impression, motivate the students to continue their learning, and apply it to their careers and lives.
Plan for the conclusion about two weeks before the session so students can prepare for the final session and celebrate on the day.
A conclusion is a time to share special memories of events, content, and moments that occurred during your program. It is personal between you and your class. The uplifting memories enable you and the students to carry beyond the class space.
The course is designed to provide you with insight to bring your program to a meaningful conclusion to end the program on a positive note, celebrate the students’ effort, learning, and achievement. Effectively presented, the conclusion can motivate the students to continue their learning, and apply the learning to their career and life.
This course is designed for educators, teachers, lecturers, and trainers who need to adapt face to-face to online teaching and increase their facilitation/training repertoire.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Confirm the content of the conclusio — what it is and is not
- Highlight the aim of the conclusion to ensure the session ends on a positive note
- Collaborate with students and plan for the lead-up to the conclusion
- Consider features of an effective conclusion
- Apply the qualities of an effective conclusion
- Provide strategies to conclude your session with a positive final impression at the end of a learning journey
- Provide strategies to validate students’ progress, and motivate the students to continue their learning, and apply the learning to their career and life.
- What is the conclusion
- Aim of the conclusion
- Planning the conclusion
- Features of an effective conclusion
- Qualities of an effective conclusion
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS
The time spent on each course of study may be claimed as continuing professional development (CPD) by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific requirements.
Upon successfully finishing the complete course, students will receive a Certificate of Professional Development accredited by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific.
Students can also receive a Certificate of Professional Development for each course they complete accredited by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific.